Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fried Bananas

I'm a bit of a haphazard blogger.  This post came about while preparing breakfast when I thought to myself, 'I should blog about this' So without further ado, here is what I had for breakfast:





I know, super appetizing, right?

Ok, on to the actual reason for this post.  Those little banana looking things on top of my oatmeal? Fried bananas. Yep. A little piece of heaven right there.  Well....if you're the health nut type.  I mean, for being pretty darn healthy, these babies are pretty darn good.  Here's how to replicate the experience in your own home. 

You'll Need:
A frying pan (duh)
About a tablespoon or so of coconut oil 
One banana, cut up

Here's How:
Heat up the frying pan. Scoop  Scrape out a spoonful of coconut oil and melt in pan. (not exactly rocket science, folks)



Cut up bananas and place in pan:






Fry for a few minutes on both sides. They will get a little browned, and mushy. Yummm.

Now, you can eat them as is, which is pretty tasty.  Or, you can top your oatmeal with them with a bit of cream or milk and a smidge of honey. Or....you could top them with freshly whipped cream for a crustless banana cream pie.  It's all good.  And that coconut oil? Totally good for you.  That's a whole 'nother post though!


This post is part of Real Food Wednesdays






No comments:

Post a Comment